1) Prompts are not exclusive. There is no limit on the number of people who may write about a prompt, and there is no need to claim prompts.
2) Post responses in the comments and include the lead character and your prompt in the subject line. If you choose a long prompt, you may use just the first few words.
3) Responses may be any length from a proper 100-word drabble to a multi-chapter epic. If the story is too long for comments, you may post it elsewhere and comment with the link.
4) There is no time limit for this challenge. I will return to index the responses in a week or so.
5) Please leave feedback, respond to feedback, and pimp this post around.
6) If your response is rated NC-17 or would require a content warning (for rape, graphic violence, etc.), you may post it in the comments here but you must include the relevant rating or warning in the subject line.
1. It could have happened.
It had to happen.
It happened earlier. Later.
Nearer. Farther off.
It happened, but not to you.
Kelvin Tactical Officer by captaincadet
Mandana (Nero's Wife) by ashen_key
Uhura by marymac
2. I have walked through many lives,
some of them my own,
and I am not who I was.
Winona by fishphile
3. Remember when I moved in you
The holy dark was moving too.
Amanda by sunfell
4. My husband and I understand each other,
which is not exactly a good thing.
Winona by possibly_thrice
5. You only get one chance to tell people they are wrong.
You get that chance because it takes people a minute or two
to realize that you're telling them stuff they don't want to hear.
Then, they shut you out,
though they still might be standing before you, smiling,
they make sure the door between the ear and heart is locked,
and they forever take away your key.
Irina Galliulin by snowyofthenight
6. And as you dance
Always dance on that floor
Polished by the best of you.
Gaila and Not!Gaila by taraljc
7. A woman like that is not ashamed to die.
I have been her kind.
8. Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops,
Weakened by my soulful cries?
9. Thank you for these tiny
particles of ocean salt,
for the infinite,
Female Changeling by skywaterblue
10. for some girls, our bodies are not immortal so much as
Gaila by tinocka (References to sexual slavery)
11. How I begged your forgiveness
after that one big fight
how I wasn't wrong
but needed you to love me
as warmly as you hugged strangers.
12. I do not deserve to be saved, for
I am not in love with salvation.
13. Sometimes, you say, I wear
an abstracted look that drives you
up the wall, as though it signified
distress or disaffection.
Don’t take it so to heart.
Maybe I enjoy not-being as much
as being who I am.
14. The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Chapel by darstellen
15. In half daylight my sisters and I went out to harvest the bodies of men.
16. I want a red dress.
I want it flimsy and cheap,
I want it too tight, I want to wear it
until someone tears it off me.
Amanda/Sarek by igrockspock
17. You've seen the refugees heading nowhere,
you've heard the executioners sing joyfully.
You should praise the mutilated world.
Remember the moments when we were together
in a white room and the curtain fluttered.
18. They fuck you up your mum and dad
They don't mean to but they do
They give you all the faults they had
And add some extra just for you.
Joanna McCoy by tinocka
19. Perhaps I am somewhere patient, somehow
kind, perhaps in the nook
of a cousin universe I've never defiled or betrayed
Number One by taraljc (Mirror Universe)
20. All day she tries to remember her reflection.
All night she tries to reassemble herself.
Winona by evewithanapple
Fauxhawk Nurse by snowyofthenight
21. You are coming into us who cannot withstand you
you are coming into us who never wanted to withstand you
you are taking parts of us into places never planned
you are going far away with pieces of our lives
22. When I had no father I made
Care my father. When I had
No mother I embraced order.
Number One by igrockspock
23. If I wanna die, I'll die right here, right now, fighting you.
That is, if I wanna die.
24. No phasers, only chainsaws and electrodaggers.
25. Now I just want to make it clear
I don't want you to shed a tear
Because this here, is a celebration
26. We're dancing free but we're stuck here underground.
Bar patron with eyeliner by helvidia_p
27. Can't give up acting tough,
It's all I'm made of.
28. Out of the darkness, I came the farthest.
Not!Gaila by igrockspock
Winona by tinocka
29. The rut I'm in had once been a groove.
30. They had the best selection
They were poisoned by protection.
Madeline by igrockspock
31. Now success is like lust, she's good to the touch
She's good for the moment but she's never enough.
Not!Gaila by tinocka